KLINIKEN SCHMIEDER STUTTGART
Outpatient Therapy Center
Have you been prescribed outpatient therapy? Our outpatient therapy center near the Schwabstraße S-Bahn station in Stuttgart treats people with neurological, orthopedic, or internal disorders. Individual and interdisciplinary treatment offers particular advantages to people who need multiple therapy types close to home. From young adults to seniors, all age groups are welcome by our experienced staff.
What diseases do we treat?
- Neurological diseases such as strokes, multiple sclerosis, or craniocerebral trauma
- Orthopedic diseases such as joint malpositions, back, neck, or shoulder problems, arthritic wear and tear, or problems after surgeries
- Internal diseases: These often affect the internal organs, for example, cardiovascular diseases, respiratory diseases, or pelvic floor insufficiencies. Metabolic diseases such as diabetes mellitus or obesity are also included.
What are the advantages for our patients?
Our patients receive physiotherapy, occupational therapy with household training, speech therapy, and medical training therapy from a single source. You receive the necessary treatment close to home in a pleasant atmosphere from qualified therapists.
How can you start treatment here?
Your therapy will be prescribed by your family doctor or some other specialist. The basis is the “Heilmittelkatalog,” which determines the type and frequency of therapy depending on the symptoms. If you need further treatment appointments, your doctor can issue another prescription for medical reasons. For those with statutory health insurance, the prescription must not be older than 14 days. For patients with mobility problems, we recommend that the attending medical specialists issue a “Krankenbeförderung.”
What are your costs?
Patients insured by statutory health insurance (GKV) pay a prescription fee of €10 plus 10% of the treatment costs. For privately insured patients, we charge the subsidy rates.
The term physiotherapy comes from Greek. “Physis” means “nature,” while “Therapeia” means something like “serving” and “caring for the sick”. The aim in the broadest sense is to regain, maintain or improve the body’s ability to move and function.
The basis of every physiotherapeutic treatment is the Physical Therapy Diagnosis on which active and passive therapeutic measures are based. The following therapies are used in the outpatient therapy center:
- Physiotherapy based on neurophysiology (PNF, Bobath)
- Device-based physiotherapy
- Manual therapy
- Massage, hot roll, manual lymphatic drainage, four-cell bath
- Body awareness
- Back school
- Group sport
Occupational therapy aims to rebuild one’s ability to return to a working environment and enable independence in the private environment.
The aim is to strengthen people’s activities in self-sufficiency, productivity, and leisure time in their environment. One focus of occupational therapy is on motor skills/coordination. Another is in the cognitive/spiritual realm. In addition to writing training, occupational therapy also includes brain performance training.
In the self-sufficiency activity area, for example, there are topics such as preparing food/meals and getting dressed/tying shoelaces or buttoning. Productivity includes writing a diary or letters and cleaning, for example. Leisure activities are meeting friends or playing games. The focal points of occupational therapy in the outpatient therapy center are:
- Affolter therapy
- Everyday-life Oriented Therapy
- Bobath therapy
- CIMT (Constraint Induced Movement Therapy)
- Writing training
- Brain power training
- Perfetti Method
- Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PNF)
- Mirror therapy
Speech therapy (Logopedy)
Communication, language, speaking, voice, and swallowing are all related to this medical specialty. Especially with neurological diseases, articulation or word-finding disorders often occur – but also swallowing disorders, the treatment of which is based on speech therapy. Logopedic treatment in the outpatient therapy center includes individual diagnostics and advice. The following complaints are dealt with:
- Apraxia of speech
- Swallowing disorders (dysphagia)
- Facial paralysis
Medical training therapy
Medical training therapy (MTT) is targeted physical training using special equipment to treat illnesses. A medical indication is necessary to get the doctor’s prescription. It is called “Device-based physiotherapy.”
The MTT room in the outpatient therapy center, equipped with the most modern equipment, is very spacious and bright. The Zeptor vibration device is particularly noteworthy. It is based on stochastic resonance therapy, and its effectiveness, especially for MS cases, has been scientifically proven several times.
- Weight training
- Endurance training
- Balance training
- Treadmill therapy
- Climbing wall
- Vibration Training – Zeptor
Corona protection measures
- Continuous wearing of an FFP2 face mask in the entire clinical area is mandatory (mouth and nose must be covered). The FFP2 face mask is provided to you free of charge.
- Please keep the minimum distance from other people (>1.5 m)
- Please use hand disinfection
- As a protective measure, rapid tests are carried out on all employees of the outpatient therapy center twice a week.
- Patients are asked to bring a negative antigen test (not older than 48 hours) or a negative PCR test (not older than 72 hours) once a week.