KLINIKEN SCHMIEDER HEIDELBERG
Phases and indications in Heidelberg
In Heidelberg, patients are rehabilitated from stages A to E. Particular attention is paid to the early stage of rehabilitation B.
In Heidelberg, we treat all neurological diseases such as head and brain injuries, stroke, brain tumors, multiple sclerosis, extrapyramidal diseases, degenerative diseases of the nervous system, epilepsy, diseases of the spinal cord, diseases of the intervertebral discs, diseases of the peripheral nervous system and muscles. Or neurological pain syndromes.
- Phase A
We treat the entire spectrum of acute neurological diseases.
Continuation of diagnostics and therapy after the treatment in the intensive care unit of the University Hospital Heidelberg
Treatment of acute neurological complications during rehabilitation at home
Private medical consultation
No emergency room/intensive care
- Phase B
We have eight beds equipped with mechanical ventilation for early neurological rehabilitation of people with severe brain trauma.
- Phase C
Early mobilization and post-primary rehabilitation of patients with severe brain trauma
- Phase D
A follow-up curative treatment (AHB) Indications 10 and 11g
General neurological rehabilitation
- Outpatient rehabilitation
The outpatient facility ten therapeutic beds
Range of medical services
- Medical treatment of neurological diseases, including sonographically guided botulinum toxin treatment
- Internal treatment including PEG, suprapubic catheters, and gastroscopic hemostasis
- Physical Therapy: Daily Therapy, Walking Training, Treadmill, Therapeutic Training Therapy, Aquatic Therapy, Daily Group Therapy, Manual Therapy, Orthopedics, Contracture Treatment, Serial Casting, Electrical Stimulation, Movement Trainer, Standing Trainer
- Occupational Therapy: Daily and Action-Oriented Therapy, Daily Group Therapy, Self-Help Training, Functional Therapy, Daily Cognitive Therapy, Saebo Concept, Mirror Therapy, CIMT Therapy, Device-Based Therapy, Functional Electrotherapy, Home Care Training, Aids, Occupational Therapy, Creative therapy
- Neuropsychological diagnostics and therapy (individually and in groups), neuropsychological treatment with the help of PC, psychotherapeutic discussions (individually and in groups), psychological counseling of patients and relatives, relaxation procedures
- Psychotherapy: relaxation training, help to cope with illness, conversations with relatives.
- Speech therapy: treatment of aphasia and dysarthria (individually and in groups), treatment of chewing and swallowing disorders, FOT
- Therapeutic exercise: massage, lymphatic drainage, electrotherapy, thermal applications
- Occupational therapy
- Social Counseling Service
- Promoting a healthy lifestyle, diet
- Recreation and wellness therapy
Kliniken Schmieder Heidelberg is Heidelberg’s University’s academic teaching hospital and cooperation arm. Joint scientific projects are being carried out with the university hospital, and there is a cooperation agreement.
Kliniken Schmieder also cooperates with the University Hospital Mannheim, the Ludwigshafen Clinic, and the St. Joseph Hospital in Heidelberg.
Specialized medical services
- Internal medicine
- General medicine
- Social medicine